I had another go at finishing the left fuel tank yesterday, and did a leak test this morning. So far it looks like I made it!!!
I forgot to take a photo of the sealant bead before dropping the baffle down onto it, but here it is cleco’ed in place.
…the first blind rivets set.
Here the Z-brackets have been installed.
After that I finished riveting the skin-to-baffle rivets and left I to cure overnight. This morning I reattached the pressure test hose I made and applied pressure to it. The system is pretty simple, just water in a hose. When you apply pressure to the tank, the water level rises. Then I plug the hose I use for applying pressure and mark the water level. If it drops, there is a leak.
No leak so far..