I started out on the ailerons today.
First thing to do is to trim the skin stiffeners. I cut them to length the other day, today I brought them with me to work and did the rest of the trimming on our bench shear. After I came back, I smoothened out the edges on my scotch deburring wheel.
Finally I could cleco them to the skins…
…and matchdrill them.
After matchdrilling, I deburred the skin holes and edges, and scuffed the skin for primer.
Last I deburred all the stiffener holes, and scuffed those as well. Ready for primer!!
By the way, I made the small aileron control rods the other day too, not a big deal really, cut the steel pipe to lenght, matchdrill to rodends and rivet. I sprayed some LPS2 in, before riveting on the last rodends, to prevent internal corrosion.