Great, great day today. Managed to spend over 7 hours in the shop. All the aileron parts are primed and ready for dimpling and assembly.
First I finished preparing the parts for primer. I remembered to countersink reinforcement plates for the flush rivets.
After I finished preparing the parts, I took them with me to work and primed them.
When I got home, I started preparing misc. attachment parts like these spacers. They are cut to lenght from some tubing. I mark the length with my caliper, then cut it with my hacksaw, put it in my accudrill and let it spin against the scotchwheel until it has the exact lenght.
Next I desided to make the main aileron contol rods. I marked the lengths on the long tube…
..and cut them to length with my hacksaw. Again I used the scotchwheel to finetrim the ends.
After marking the hole pattern, I inserted the rodend bushings and matchdrilled them. I marked each end before removing them for deburring.
Tubes ready for primer.