…yet another very productive day!! When will this end, I wonder! 😉
Finished the right aileron tonight, and got all the parts for the left aileron ready for assembly.
The first I did today, was drive to work to pick up the aileron parts. While I was there, I went ahead and primed the main aileron control rod parts. I forgot to bring my camera, so no photos of that. Sorry!
After I came back home, I started dimpling all the aileron parts for both ailerons.
When that was done, I riveted the spar reinforcement plates to the spars.
Then I riveted the nose ribs to the counterbalance tubes. I used cherryrivets here instead of poprivets.
Next I clecoed the balanceweight assy to the leading edge skin and riveted it…
After making a couple af brackets to hold the aileron in place, I clecoed the skins and spar together.
I used my tungsten bucking bar for riveting these rivets…
Finished riveting the upper spar rivets.
The rest was pretty easy stuff, so I forgot to take pictures. Here it is, finished and temporary installed on the wing.
After the aileron was done, I installed the aileron control bellcranks and the
bellcrank-to-aileron control rod..
Finally I lined up the parts for the left aileron. A good days work!!