I didn’t have time to write a post yesterday, so this post covers two days. Yesterday I started by countersinking the seatback detent spacer strips.
Then I spent some time deburring and edge-smoothening all the parts for the F-705 bulkhead.
Then I marked the first holes in the plastic blocks, that will hold the flap control bellcrank, and drilled them in my drill press.
With one hole drilled, I could bolt them to the bulkhead and use it to mark position of the other hole.
After that, I took all the parts with me to work, and primed it all.
When I got home, I spent a little while Alodine treating the holes and countersinks of the centersection parts.
The center section bulkhead (F-704) and the F-705 bulkhead ready for assembly. This was how far I got last night.
This morning I started riveting the center section bulkhead. First I riveted platenuts on these stiffener angles.
Then I riveted and installed the support ribs…
After I had riveted the remaining platenuts, and the bulkhead sides, I installed the control sticks. Cool stuff!! 😀