I did spend a few hours in the shop yesterday, but I didn’t get time to write a post. So, this post covers 2 days.
I finished deburring the seat ribs last night. I was only missing the outer ones, which are a little different from the rest. They have no prepunched holes on the flanges, so I will have to wait until later with the fluting process.
I also deburred all the baggage floor ribs. They only needed to be fluted a tiny bit on the lower flanges.
Today I started out by cutting some spacers from this piece of bar.
The inboard 4 seat ribs needs to be modified to give room for the flight control bellcrank.
First I cut a 1½” hole at the upper corner using my drill press.
Then I marked and cut the remaining material away to give a nice smooth lightening hole.