February 10, 2008

More matchdrilling and deburring

Category: Elevators (Total 38h) — Steffen @ 18:06 — Hours: 4

Its been another busy week, but not building rv unfortunately! I did get in some hours today though and almost got everything ready for primer.

 First I matchdrilled the right elevator control horn to the spar and root rib.
elevators-016-400×300.jpg

Then I took it apart again and deburred all the right elevator parts. I also removed the protection film from the rivet lines on the skin.
elevators-017-400×300.jpg

After that I moved on to the left elevator. Some of the stiffeners needed a little more trimming according to the plans, after that, I clecoed them onto the skin and matchdrilled them.
elevators-018-400×300.jpg

The left elevator includes a trim tab, for that a small servo is needed. This gets mounted to a cover that fits into an opening on the bottom side of the elevator skin. A doubler plate goes on the back of the skin to hold the cover. I clecoed it on and matchdrilled it.
elevators-019-400×533.jpg

Another shot of the bottom side of the left elevator skin.
elevators-020-400×533.jpg

Finally I matchdrilled the left elevator control horn to the spar and rib.
elevators-021-400×300.jpg

Still need a little bit of deburring, before everything is ready for primer…
elevators-022-400×300.jpg

Hacked by ghost-dz