Today I finished making and drilling all the parts for the seatbacks. All there’s left now is deburring and primer. I’m really looking forward to rivet all this stuff together. 🙂
The upper horizontal seatback stiffeners get rounded to fit into the skin bend.
Here is photos of before and after:
And the stiffener in position…
Next up was the seat back lower attachment hinges. I have borrowed a rivet spacing tool from work, great tool!
Then I transferred the hinge holes to the seatbacks…
…and the lower seatback stiffeners, which goes on the back.
Then I drilled the top stiffeners; first I matchdrilled the upper holes from the vertical stiffeners, then I used the lower stiffeners as drill guide, and finally I matchdrilled them to the seatbacks.
The upper hinges in place:
These plates will attach to the upper hinges, giving the seatback 2 reclining positions. It will all make sense soon! 😉
Hinges for the plates are ready, and pilot holes for lightning holes are drilled.
Lightning holes complete!
The side flanges gets shaped like this:
…and the hinge has been drilled. That’s it for today…