This post covers the last couple of days.
There’s a bunch of brackets that needs to be fabricated for the roll bar, like these F-632D angles:
They are made from 0.125″ thick extrusion.
…and these F-631C Angles, made from 0.188″ thick extrusion.
Also made two splice plates, F-631E
These two F-632E angles..
..and this F-632D angle. This one doesn’t look like much, but the angle had to be adjusted to 88°. That took a little effort to get perfect.
To get the assure the proper height and width of the roll bar, I cut a template from some furniture plywood I had stored away.
I added small angles in the corners, to fix the roll bar sections.
I had marked the template centreline, as you can see the sections need trimming.
Both sides of the aft sections trimmed.
I didn’t really take any photos of it, but I spent 3-4 hours fine tuning the sections, so they don’t warp/twists. This was a hell of a job, but I believe the end result of the roll bar will be much nicer.
The aft sections needed a 1½” hole, for access to the installation hardware. Here the centre of the holes a marked.
I used a hole saw in the drill press for these.
Then I match drill the aft splice plate to the sections.
Last thing I did today, was to start preparing the upper and lower straps, that will join the forward and aft sections of the roll bar. They need to have a radius on the edges against the sections, to fit properly.