December 16, 2007

Matchdrilled skins

Category: Horizontal Stabilizer (Total 28½h) — Steffen @ 20:05 — Hours: 3.5

Today I started out bending the forward spar tabs and stiffeners. Then I matchdrilled the stifferners to the spars.
After that I started putting it all together. I clecoed the spars and ribs together, matchdrilled it all, then took it apart, deburred all holes, then put it all back together again.

 horizontal-stabilizer-023-custom.jpg

Then I clecoed on the skins, and got everything matchdrilled. I like this, its already starting to look like aircraft parts! 😀
horizontal-stabilizer-024-custom.jpg

After matchdrilling the skins to the spars and ribs, I prepared the inboard ribs.
I was missing a angledrill to matchdrill the holes in the forward spar, so I decided to call it a day. I am actually waiting for an angledrill I bought on eBay a couple of weeks ago, but till then, I will borrow one from work tomorrow.

Both sides of the horizontal stab, ready for inboard rib matchdrilling:
horizontal-stabilizer-028-custom.jpg

Hacked by ghost-dz