June 14, 2010

Countersunk LH longeron

Category: Forward Fuselage — Steffen @ 22:15 — Hours: 4

I brought the forward bottom fuselage skin, the auxiliary longerons, the gear attach webs, the wing forward attach brackets and the F-704 bulkhead to longerons attach strips with me to work today and got it all primed. No pictures of that yet..

After Emily had been put to bed, I went and did a little more prep work. First I deburred and countersunk the F-704H center section side plates.

Then I dimpled all the ribs.. 3 minute job with the squeezer! 😀

Finally I started countersinking the longerons. I managed to finish the left one before calling it quits.

I ran a Boelube stick over the holes before countersinking, worked like a charm!

Hacked by ghost-dz