I finished the alternate air door last week.
First I mixed a batch of epoxy with the shredded fiberglass supplied with the door kit.
The result was a nice thick paste, that would stay in place while curing.
I managed to deside the exact spot I will put it. In this photo it appears to be rather close to the engine mount, but the clearance is actually ok.
The top corner of the bracket that extends past the baffle will get trimmed away.
I need to position it this high, for the attachment nutplates to clear the cylinder cooling fins.
Before proceding, I need to bend a reinforcement angle, will do that tomorrow..