Although it doesn’t look like I’m getting anything done, I actually made a little progress. Just a few updates behind.. 🙂
I had a couple off weeks off in febrary, which I spent mainly in Vamdrup working on my engine. I’m sorry I don’t have any pictures, I’ll make sure to take some the next time I go, hopefully tomorrow.
I got the cylinders overhauled and primed, ready for installation. That took quite a long time, but they were luckily in very good shape, worth the time they took to overhaul. I have ordered all the parts that needs to be replaced during overhaul, maybe within the next couple of weeks it will be time to put it together.
First trial fit. This thing is going to take a lot of trial fits to sit perfectly. I have spend a lot of time getting hints from fellow builders websites, one hint was to clamp a piece of angle to the weldment frame to hold it straight.
The outer ends of the weldment needed a lot of adjustment. As seen on this photo, they were warped from the welding process. I managed to get them straightened in my wise, using the same procedure as shaping the fuselage longerons.