Although it has been almost 2 years since my last post, my project hasn’t been completely at a standstill.

I have spent a lot of time trying to find a spinner that would fit my McCauley propeller and the RV cowling at the same time. Most people use Hartzell or MT propellers, which come with a spinner that fits the RV cowling.
After much research, I found out that Whirl Wind Aviation makes a propeller for the RV series, based on the McCauley hub, and a spinner kit for this as well.
I ordered the spinner kit, and luckily it fits perfectly! 🙂

With a spinner that fit, I could finally start trimming the engine cowlings.
I have been spending time on this on and off since last summer and are getting close to a nice fit.

I am going to use camloc’s instead of piano hinges for my cowlings, so I have also spent some time drawing the camloc attachment brackets. I had them lasercut out of .040 sheet.
They are all matchdrilled now..